Saturday 1 February 2014

Bird's Nest 2

Pinch, punch, first of the month! Here's a mini-tute to start your February. See this post for instructions on making the bird's nest in the first place. The beads I've used are from over at Curious, Large Robin's Eggs. 


(I've got more of these lovely speckled rounds in different colours - just search for 'eggs' and they will appear!)

Here is how to attach a nest into a bracelet ~

 1. Here's my bracelet, laid out and ready for stringing. I don't always do this, but with nests, I do. 


 2. String all the beads before the nest as you usually would, and then slide the bead wire through the base of your nest. This of course depends on how tightly you have wound the wire on the back of the nest. Tight enough to be secure, but loose enough so that the wire can pass relatively easily through. You might need to add a couple of extra spacers on each side, but that's something you can play around with. 


3. And here you go, on my wrist! The nest sits nicely between the other beads and against my wrist, as you can see. 


1 comment:

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

I love these sweet colours together, Rebecca... the birds have a lovely place to hatch :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails