Thursday 1 August 2013

Brit Pack Beaders - The Reveal (at last)!

Welcome to the third instalment of the Brit Pack Beaders! My goodness, we have put this one back and back....life just kept getting in the way (annoying how it does that, eh?!). And in fact, life EVEN got in the way for me yesterday, the day I was supposed to be posting this reveal. I am currently rehearsing for a production in London, and sod's law, despite being in the capital of England, there is NO internet reception in our rehearsal venue. Last night was the tech rehearsal (always quite a long and drawn-out procedure - lights, electronics etc....) which meant I didn't get back to my friend's house where I'm staying til 11.30pm.....too late to engage my brain and sort out the post, definitely! So here I am, better late than never I hope :-)

You can see the lovely, lovely materials we each sent out over here. And here's the beautiful inspiration piece, chosen by Bo.


Mariana by Rossetti

Not a palette I often work with - there's something very classic about these colours together - but I really enjoyed working with it. They felt very serene and balanced, and the designs came together very easily. Of course, I know I will hop over to other people's reveals and think 'Damn! They did such a better job than I did!', because that's what I always do.  But I like the simple designs I created. Take a look....





And now, hope over to my friends' blogs:

6 comments:

SmittenBeads said...

Worth the wait I think....Blimmey 4, I say 4! pieces, well done! The last pair of earings are my absolute favourites! Lovely job as ever. Hope life gets a little less hectic soon. Claire xx

bo hulley said...

Beautiful as always, love them all, maybe the 2nd piece the best but it's a close call!

Heidi Post said...

All very pretty! Such a lovely inspiration painting too.

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

Gorgeous pieces, Rebecca... simple really is better with these lovely components!

Alice said...

With such a busy schedule I'm so impressed you got anything made. Your pieces are so lovely, and I would not have expected anything else.

Cassi said...

Such lovely intense colors to work with! Your pieces are beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails