Monday 29 October 2012

Gift Guide: no.1

I am a subscriber to the lovely British magazine, Ideal Home. I love looking through it every month - it's full of impeccably stylish houses, gorgeous interior design, and beautiful items for the home. Of course, my home actually looks like a slightly rabbit-chewed not-quite-student but definitely not-a-proper-grown-up cross between a house and a flat, and I don't think that our purse strings will ever allow us to live in the pages of Ideal Home, never mind that I am simply awful when it comes to interior design (too big. Can't do it!). 

This month's arrived a few days ago, and it is geared towards Christmas, which is approaching apace. One of this month's feature is a Gift Guide. It's gorgeous, and whilst almost every single item is from an independent co., there's practically nothing handmade on it. So I thought, why not create my own? Some beautiful eye candy, and hopefully some good ideas for your Christmas list. I feel strongly about supporting independent artists all the time, but especially at this time of year.

Rather than compile a huge list, I'm going to do a series of smaller, more palatable ones, starting here. A random selection of pretties; perhaps other selections will be themed - we'll see.  

Starry Starry Circus Night from ButterscotchBeesting

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Love this - such a great idea!

Marcie Abney Carroll said...

I love the sketchbook! Beautiful!

Cassi said...

This is a great idea! I'm going to enjoy checking in on your gift-giving posts. That sketchbook is marvelous. I'm in the States, and planning on using Etsy for most of my Christmas shopping.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails