Monday 12 March 2012

colour

anyone who has seen my jewellery will surely know that i am in love with colour. i adore it - it brings me such pleasure and happiness every day, and i find it is the inspiration for so much of my work. i played around with colour palettes, with colour flowing from one to another, and came up with these two bracelets last week. combining art beads, gemstones, glass and some colourful vintage lucite i picked up in paris (how lovely to be able to write that!), i made a these two colour flow bracelets. inspired by lorelei's lovely labelled photos, i thought i'd present these bracelets in the same way.



i think although the top bracelet's colours should make it my favourite, i like the lower bracelet even more. something about the range of colours; the shapes and sizes of beads, really pleases me. and of course, barbara's little birds always make me happy.

what inspires you every day?


5 comments:

Gardanne said...

Thanks so much for including my components. I love seeing pieces from different artists working together.

Heidi Post said...

Those are so cute! I would be most reluctant to use up so many artisan beads in one piece, lol. My stash is nowhere near the size of yours though :)

Green Shoot Jewellery Designs said...

They are absolutely gorgeous, I really love all of the colours in the second one especially!
Deb x

Malin de Koning said...

Wonderful work Rebecca! I too am inspired by colour every day.

steufel said...

Love them both, Rebecca, and you know how much I love colors. Regardig the pieces - I'm with you about the second one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails