Wednesday 3 August 2011

Happy Birthday Catriona!

Today has been a lovely day - my wee sister's 21st birthday! We stayed up late last night drinking fizz to toast the new day, and new year for her, in. Then this morning we headed off to a local fave, Indigo Yard up in Edinburgh 'new town'. (It's not very new. It's just not as old as the 'old town' where the castle is :-)). We spent the afternoon watching White Collar (an absolute favourite of us both) and beading. (Me beading, not Trina. She is NOT crafty!) Followed by an evening in The Living Room on George Street for a gorgeous set menu and some delicious, dry rose wine. Yum!









Made a bunch of earrings, as you can see...









...a bracelet...









...a sweet locket pendant...









...and a necklace. I think this is my favourite.









Look how pretty the beads I used are! Key from mamacita beadworks. House bead from a Finnish bead artist, I'm posting from my phone and can't remember the name off the top of my head, but I will update tomorrow when I'm back at home with my computer. She's amazing! I love the pretty beads I bought from her.


***Update: The artist I bought that lovely house bead from is Elukka. Here's her blog, and this is the set that I bought from her. They are even more lovely in real life!***

Hope you are all having a lovely week :-)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

CraftyHope said...

Ooooohhhh!!! All of the new pieces are just lovely! I especially like the bracelet and the last necklace. Go figure, they both use that lucious ribbon. :)

Third Eye Gypsy said...

Glad you had such a wonderful day with your sissy :) What beautiful designs you created! I love that house bead on your key necklace! So beautiful!
xo Genea

Palimpa Lim said...

I have discovered Elukka only a few weeks ago and immediately fell in love with her work!!!
Have a beautiful weekend!

Cindy said...

Thanks for filling us in on your sister's 21st birthday! I'm glad you had a good time...and the jewelry is gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails