Wednesday 11 May 2011

BTW...plus update...

Ugh, I'm off work today with the lurgs....nasty throat (kind of a pain in the bum when you're a singer/singing teacher!), glands up and feeling generally spaced out and grotty. So I'm lying in my bed, watching crappy tv (and for crappy, read awesome 90s detective drama boxed sets....I do love some boxed set action) and thought I'd shoot a few quick pics for Bead Table Wednesday. I've recently discovered the wonders of Picnik and have been enjoying making some collages....so here's another. I've played around with a couple of filters as you can see too....



Czech glass beads from BeadandRibbon

And here is a small update....I've had a quick peak in between troughs and here are a couple of things I came up with using gorgeous components from Floridity....


A necklace (available now in my Etsy shop) and a wee bracelet - I want to work out how to hang the bracelet from my mannequin so for now you can only see the front....the back is a double length of chain from MissFickleMedia, sweet and simple. The necklace features Vintaj chain, sea moss Czech rondelles and a lovely fat Green Amethyst briolette from PreciousSparkleBeads. Green Amethyst is a really beautiful stone, such a delicate shade and it has a gorgeous clarity. 



13 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you feel better very soon! I love piknic too, isn't it fun! Love the piccies x

steufel said...

Wow - those czech beads are to die for:-)

Blacklady said...

Hi Rebecca,
wow, i love it.
greetings
karin

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC said...

How you feel better soon! Love the collage of your pieces!

Heidi Post said...

Hope you feel better! I like that little bird pendant :)

Elysian Studios said...

That owl is adorable, and your mannequin is gorgeous! Great work!

Green Shoot Jewellery Designs said...

Hope you feel better soon x

Deb

Unknown said...

Your pictures are awesome for someone who is feeling crappy! I love Missfickle and Floridity too!

lynsey said...

awww Rebecca i hope you feel better soon, your pics are gorgeous by the way.
I've sent you another e-mail with my address to you, as the first didn't appear to make it, and just in case it doesn't work again i'll put it here
: 87 Victory Street
Keyham
Plymouth
Devon
PL2 2DA
Lynsey

Heather Powers said...

I love the necklace Rebecca! Picnik is so much, I use it almost everyday.

Lori P said...

Very, very pretty! Isn't Picnik the best? I also use Picasa a lot for collages.

Hope you're feeling lots better.

Anonymous said...

Rebecca, I hope you are feeling better! I love that necklace! Beautiful!

My Life Under the Bus said...

Feel better Rebecca!!! I am stll sooo jealous of that gorgeous mannequin! I bought those green czech daisies, the opal glass and the ocean color glass - Loving your work with Picnik too! Have a Great Weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails