Monday 24 May 2010

Travelling beadwork


I had a mad dash after school today to the train station as I'm going down to London to see an old friend perform a solo recital at the Wigmore Hall. This is a VERY prestigious venue and I can't believe that I used to sing on a regular/frequent basis with Marcus, who is singing tonight! Such lofty heights. We're not in touch anymore but I really felt I wanted to hear this recital, it's 3 years (I think!) since he moved down to the Royal Academy of Music in London and I'm really interested to hear what's happened to his voice since then. It's a great programme tonight, Schumann, Schubert, Britten - all some of my favourites - and as Marcus recently won the Wigmore Hall song competition I'm sure it will be an evening to remember! A far cry from the slightly depressing day I have had at school which involved my teaching various kids to sing Lady Gaga and the Spice Girls amongst others. And that's not mentioning the swathes of High School Musical I have to plough through at the moment. I mean, seriously, the Spice Girls?! They were around when I was at school! Surely they don't have that much longevity? I take it in turn to let the children pick their own songs versus it being my choice...needless to say, I am looking forward to after half term when I can pick some songs that will actually result in some useful and productive work being done! I love the kids but RnB doesn't really work very well for getting anybody to sing WELL.

Enough with the rant! Obviously I couldn't possibly face the trip down to London without a bag of beads and this morning I felt in the mood for a needle and thread rather than the pliers. So here's what will become another Right Angle Bangle...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails