Friday 14 May 2010

One last blog...



...because I forgot to show you this piece! I had a day off work on Wednesday as I had completely lost my voice (literally, silent!) and such a thing is not really conducive to teaching singing. I spent the afternoon drinking cups of tea in nearby East Didsbury playing with a new batch of Vintaj brass and here's what I came up with. I love the rich caramel depth of patina-ed metals and brass is my new favourite!


Carnelian rounds
and
Peruvian Opal
from


I've kind of overexposed this last picture so you can see Norma's beautiful boro lampwork bead more clearly. It's so beautiful; swirly and delicious. The colours aren't quite right in the over-exposed shot but at least you can see the pattern inside. I took a hilarious shot up against the window thinking that the light might shine through the bead but alas, it looked utterly awful! Last post for today, I promise...

2 comments:

Jo said...

What a gorgeous mix of colours! They work perfectly together.

Nicki said...

I love that color mix. I hope you are feeling better now....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails